Saturday, June 20, 2009

Cheese cake and cupcakes


This is a cheese cake with a sour cream mixture on top... I can't wait to try this. I made this from Kelly's dad's mother's recipe. I hope I did it justice.


The cupcakes are white cake, from scratch, and the frosting is a butter cream with Kahlua, dark chocolate and coffee. These are a few of Kelly's dad's favorite flavors, hope he likes them. Probably the best thing about the cake is that it only makes a dozen cupcakes instead of the usual two dozen, so I'll probably be adapting this recipe a lot.

The dough for the focaccia is still resting. I'll knead it one last time and prep for baking about 45 minutes before Kelly, Steve, and Kelly's dad are due to arrive. The hubby's making pasta and sauce from scratch for the evening meal. Should be good. I think we have enough veggies on hand to make a simple salad to round out the dinner.

No comments: