Sunday, March 07, 2010

Yum

A couple weekends ago for a friend's 50th birthday I asked said friend's husband, what flavors does the b-day girl like? 


Him:  "Um... lemon?"  
Me:  "Oh, ok. Anything else?"
Him:  "Strawberry...?"
Me:  "Mmm hmm, lemon and strawberry.  Ok, sounds good.  Anything other flavors come to mind?"
Him:  "Um..."
Me:  "Never mind, I have some ideas."


I wanted to cover most of the bases so I made:



  • Bourbon bread pudding cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting (which I'd made once before and the b-day girl really liked them)
  • Lemon cupcakes with chopped fresh strawberries hidden beneath a light, vanilla butter cream frosting
  • Banana nut cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting
  • Coffee chocolate chip cupcakes with a cocoa butter cream frosting
  • A rich, somewhat dense cheese cake flavored cake, with fresh strawberries atop it, and then the entire cake covered with a delicate ginger lime whipped cream frosting that was divine
The ginger lime whipped cream frosting was a huge hit.  I can't wait to make more!  A pregnant friend at the party, who is having a baby shower soon, asked me to make her a cake for the occasion.  

Me:  "Of course!  I'd be happy to.  What kind of cake would you like?"
Her:  "That!" - pointing to the cake. 
Me:  "You got it!" 

I can't wait to make it again, however, since most of what I made that day was created on the spot without any recipes I just hope what I bake in a couple weeks turns out! 

Foolishly I didn't take any photos... but hopefully I can find some from the party to post.  






No comments: