Tuesday, March 04, 2008

The $6 Dollar Car Wash

"Excuse me ma'am. My friend and I, we're starting a business for the summer. We're washing cars for $6.00 a car. We clean inside and out. He gets $3 and I get $3 so that's $6 total. We'll be washing cars on Thursday since I don't have a change of clothes with me today and he can't do it tomorrow because he's going to watch the Clippers. So Thursday we can do it. We're trying to earn money for stuff. I want to buy a new amp and shoes. See, my shoes have holes in them."

Well darn, how can I possibly say "No" to a sales pitch like that?! I even offered up the hubby's car, so I'm in this for $12 bucks. The kid assured me that they're "really good".

3 comments:

Burt Likko said...

For $6 a car, they'd BETTER be good!
;)

Arnie said...

Make sure you do not leave anything valuable in the car. There will certainly not be anything valuable left in the car when they're finished.

Becky said...

We have valuables in the car?! I'm not worried, the inside of my car is clean, except for the dog fur. Now the hubby's car... well, you'd think I make him live out of it since it contains papers, ties, empty Trader Joe bags, and I can't even imagine what else.