Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Rain

It rarely rains here, so when the weather folks report a 30% chance of rain I ignore it. 30% are you kidding me? Why bother reporting such a thing? However, this time they got it right, it's actually raining. Not a MO, TN, or WI rain which I'm used to, no this is a soft, light rain that seems to linger. A pretty rain. A rain I enjoy, but one which terrifies the dogs! Oh how they wanted to go outside this morning, only to realize to their horror that the ground was wet?! They slinked around as close to the house as they could, attempting to stay dry. Finally they gave in to their bladders demand to be relieved and mustered up the courage to set a few paws on the slick grass. I'm amazed they survived it. Now Sassy's cuddled up next to me on the love seat and Karma's sprawled out at my feet, while Jordan attempts to lay on me, which makes typing difficult. Ginger's watching all of this with complete indifference. Oh to be one of my pets! If only for a day. Rain or not, I think it would be just splendid to experience a day in the life of one of my goofy dogs or cats.

No comments: