Sunday, May 03, 2009

Chocolate rum malted milk ball cupcakes



These are chocolate rum malted milk ball cupcakes with 3 milk balls baked within each cupcake. The frosting is a wonderfully light and airy coco malt butter cream. Sweet, but not cloyingly so. The hubby LOVED them. The rum taste is very present, but I don't think it's overwhelming, since the malt flavor really helps temper it. I think these will be a hit at the hubby's presentation today. He's giving a speech on the topic of "Separation of Church and State." Here's a cupcake with a chocolate covered graham crackers to help emphasis the point of hubby's presentation.

2 comments:

4shiki said...

Recipe, please! Those cupcakes look very delicious.

Becky said...

Sorry, I don't have the recipe... I usually just rummage through the pantry looking for items I think would be good.

In this case I think I used a store-bought chocolate cake mix and instead of using water or milk for the liquid I subbed in Rum. Then, added 3 malted milk balls to each cupcake before baking.

The frosting is home made. Butter (probably 2-3 sticks of butter), powder sugar, a bit of rum and vanilla, cocoa, and malted milk powder till you the get consistency needed to pipe it.

Sorry it's not more exact, if you try this, let me know how they turn out.