Wednesday, August 30, 2006

DVR


I love our Digital Video Recorder (DVR). It's an evil contraption that I don't know how I lived without. The DVR allows me to record up to 2 shows at the same time?! Then, once recorded, I can fast forward, rewind, pause... whatever my heart desires. I can even pause live TV?! How crazy is that? Now I tape all the shows I like then watch them when I want - which is usually at 6:30 am during my 45 minutes of workout hell. However, my new best friend makes my morning workouts much more bearable.

I even tape shows that I think Erik will be interested in and sometimes we watch them together - or not, depending on the show.

I really love that I can just pause it whenever I want so I can ask Erik lots of questions. We did that last night during PBS's "Catherine the Great" which we watched "live." Since the hubby is such a history buff he tends to know lots about all sorts of stuff that usually I don't find very interesting. However, the History Channel, Discover, and PBS all seem to provide excellent and entertaining shows about historical events and figures that even I enjoy. Now thanks to DVR we can enjoy these programs together and rewind, fast forward through commercials, or pause at our leisure without having to record on the VCR or some other gizmo.

Of course now I'm probably watching more TV than I normally would... oh well, there are worse habits I could have.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

That sounds awesome!!!! Hope you are doing well, and that your trip was nice.