Monday, July 14, 2008

Lucky?

I've never thought of myself as lucky. Sure, I've been enjoying a winning streak while learning and playing Cribbage with the hubby, but that's just a game. At work we have lots of raffles and other such things and I rarely win. But today, I received a voice mail from Trader Joe's informing me I had won! The spousal unit and I take our bags to TJ's and for months I've been filling out the little ticket. In fact, I just filled one out on Saturday wondering, "does anyone really 'win' this? And, if so, what?" Answer: $25 smackaroos off your next purchase. Sweet! I'm thinking it's time to stock up on weekend breakfast fare. I LOVE TJ's various frozen pastries/tart thingamajigs.

Of course I've been lucky-in-love with regard to the hubby. He's better than chocolate, ice-cream, chocolate ice-cream, better than new socks or new shoes, better than the ocean, the sun warm on my face, better than sleeping in on the weekend, better than 'that new car smell'. He's the best thing to happen to me and everyday I'm thankful that he continues to share his life with me. Not sure if that's "luck" or not, but I'll take it, whatever it is.

No comments: