Thursday, September 17, 2009

Baking... just not posting

I have made a few items over the last few weeks, mainly banana nut bread and brownies.  I did manage to remember to take a few photos, but haven't loaded them yet.

Then, horrors of all horrors, I ran out of baking soda?!  I don't know what's happening to me, last time I ran out of Bourbon.  At least with Bourbon I can easily swap Brandy or Rum or whatever... but baking soda, nope, no sub for that.  The banana bread was very pale and somewhat dense, but fortunately it tastes fine.

The previous batch of brownies were coffee toffee, but heck if I could taste either of those flavors.  I need to kick that up several notches. 

The most recent batch: peanut butter brownies.  Mmmm, the peanut butter taste is present and good. 

However, the hubby's and Kelly's favorite are still the orange brownies.  I have nothing against orange, but I'd rather not have that mixed in with my brownies, hence the attempts with other flavors.  Next I want to try something with marshmallow and/or caramel.  Wish me luck, seems I need it these days.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Oooh caramel sounds divine!!!! I so wish that I lived closer to you so that I could sample your creations!!!