Friday, August 19, 2005

Paralegal

The Paralegal Open House thingy was great. I went into thinking, "nah, not now, got too much going on. Is this program really worthwhile. I'm so close to finishing up my BA, this is just gonna get in the way... blah blah blah." But, by the time it ended I was ready to sign up right then and there! For reasons too many to list here, I was very impressed with the program and what it all entails. I realize it will be a lot of hard work, but I'm used to that.

I've applied for a student loan through SallieMae, just waiting to hear back. I know that come January 17th (2006) and I've not only survived the program, but successfully completed it (gotta think positive!), I'll then have opportunities to open new doors that will provide more professional opportunities for me than what I am currently doing. And, come February I can either start back up with UOP and finish my 5 remaining courses or enroll full time at UT to just knock it out. I'll quit the P-Factory, overlap Paralegal Program with BA course load for only a week, two tops. So, I should still be able to complete my BA by May as originally intended.

Very exciting to have options... something other than, "Sir, which 6 shelves? That model only comes with 4. Yes, 4. Right, so you need more than one of which shelf? The top shelf, ... o.k. the middle, no not the middle,... fine. So, the bottom shelf then? Sir, there are only 4 shelves total. You said you needed 6." - that was a real call ladies and gentleman, honest to God. This call took over 45 minutes. 45 minutes of my life I'll never get back...

Being a paralegal is looking better and better each minute!

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Hey Becky! I'm so proud of you! You're almost there! Hey I got your message, band camp is almost over, so I promise I'll call you soon! I miss you a whole bunch!