Saturday, July 29, 2006

Time

For some time now I've been hitting the elliptical machine for 45 minutes each morning. We do not currently own a scale so I don't know if I'm losing, maintaining or gaining weight. My clothes fit just as they did before I began my 45 minutes of pain so I guess I'm just maintaining my current weight.


Unfortunately as a result of this discovery I've decided I must ALSO watch what I eat. Ugh. I was hoping that just working out would allow me to indulge in chocolate, cookies, ice-cream, etc. but alas that's just not the case.


This diet and exercise thing will hopefully start showing some real results in the up coming months. I'm not trying to fit into my high school clothes by any means (heck I don't even own anything from that time period - and good thing, we sure had a strange idea of what stylish clothing was all about!), but if I could just have a little extra room within my current wardrobe that would be just swell, um, actually the opposite of swell, but you get the idea.


Kids, don't do this at home, school, work, anywhere! 1980s early 1990s fashions need to stay in the past. The time has come and gone, just let it go. I know some designers are trying to bring some things back, like leggings and such, but don't do it. Just say NO!

4 comments:

Becky said...

I can't believe I'm admitting this, but my Prom dress looked remarkably a lot like the BRIGHT pink dress shown here. What was I thinking? And yes, I even wore black gloves – thought NOT like the lacy ones depicted here. Mine were black satin and traveled all the way up to my elbows! Like so totally cool and rad.

Pamela said...

radical!

Anonymous said...

FYI, studies show that exercise doesn't do a lot to reduce weight, unless you do tons of it. But even a small amount makes you healthier in many other ways, so it's well worth hanging in there. Good luck.

Burt Likko said...

Thanks, Nancy. I'd rather exercise more and diet less, myself. Not that I'm doing a lot of either these days.