Sunday, October 22, 2006

Busy Day

This morning the hubby and I had a lot of errands to run so we decided to enjoy some breakfast first to get us through the day. I like Denny's so asked to go there. Erik is not as fond of it, but he agreed. We got our name on the waiting list and discovered that some friends of ours were already seated and had invited us to join them. How fabulous! Had a great breakfast: good food, great friends.

From there we went to check out Erik's office. New paint and carpet have given the whole office a fresh look. Erik choose a nice sage green. The lobby and hallways are white and most of the other offices are various earth tones.

Next we headed to Target for some sundry items. What a fantastic experience. Parking was easy and close to the door, only one screaming child that we were able to get away from quickly, and Target had the items we wanted, except for spray paint. Oh well, I'll take 2 of 3. But wait, we were able to get a ton of Greenies (really good doggie treats) for dirt cheap! They were on clearance?! Happy, happy critters.

PetSmart was next on the agenda. Since we were able to get all the greenies we could store and more, we only had to pick up some doggie food.

On to TJ's. There we got milk and other basic necessities. Finally homeward bound so Erik could watch football.

I headed back out to get the spray paint I needed for the table centerpieces I'm doing for Toastmasters. Wal-Mart, in comparison, to Target, was pure hell. LOTS of screaming kids, long, long lines, more screaming kids, small children running about as if Wal-Mart was their own personal playground. I sought out an employee to open the locked spray paint cabinet so I could purchase blue and silver paint. From there I went to wait, and wait, and wait some more in the check out line. Finally I paid my $4 bucks cash and change and ran for my life. Ugh, I do not like Wal-Mart.

My hand still hurts from all the spray painting I did yesterday - and that was with the hubby's help! I took today off from painting, but I will need to finish it up by this weekend.

This afternoon I worked on the various spreadsheets for the volunteer project I'm helping with. Still have lots to do. The friend I'm helping out gave me a very disorganized list of names and information that needs to be put into spreadsheet form. I'm doing the best I can but unfortunately I don't quite understand the thought process of how the information was sent to me. It was haphazard at best.

This evening the hubby and I walked the dogs. We walked about 3 miles. It was wonderful. No wind and the temperature was perfect. If only our mutts were leash trained. Hopefully if we continue to walk them they'll get better.

Now I'm blogging on Erik's laptop and hanging out in front of the TV just taking it easy. What a nice end to a busy day.

2 comments:

Pamela said...

I hate going to Walmart too! It doesn't matter the location, it is always the same.......chaotic and depressing!!!
What are the centerpieces like?

Becky said...

Once I have a finished product I'll take pictures and post.