Sunday, October 26, 2008

FOUR Minutes!

I finally got around to making my dreaded doctor's appointment. It was scheduled for 4:00 pm. I arrived on time, filled out the necessary paperwork and then waited, and waited, and waited. At 4:45 the nurse called my name. I was weighed, my blood pressure was taken, and I answered a few questions. Back to the waiting room to wait. 5:17 pm I was called again and left alone in a small room with the examining table facing the doorway. Who designs these rooms?! Anyway, the small little curtain hanging from the ceiling really doesn't provide me with a great sense of privacy, but hey, I'm not here for a lesson in dignity. Anyway, I continue to wait for the doctor, this time basically naked except for a sheet and a thin little half rob that exposes more than I care to show. Finally at 5:30 pm the doctor sees me. At 5:33 she's finished, by 5:34 she leaves the room. Four minutes! The whole freaking thing took less than 4 minutes! I waited an hour and a half so she could spend less than 4 minutes addressing my needs and concerns. Ugh. I left disgusted and frustrated. Can hardly wait to go through all that again next year.

No comments: