Monday, October 10, 2005

The Search is On

Well, it would seem we're back to looking for a house again. We had some moola saved up... but used it to pay bills, thus no more down payment. Then, with the uncertain future, regarding hubby's job, no point in looking. Now we're back to being able to seriously consider purchasing a home of our own again, but... until Erik figures out what he wants to do jobwise, no point in getting my hopes up. I've gotta stay put at the P-Factory (benefits, steady paycheck) and since I make a heck of a lot less dough than the Man my future plans hinge on what the dude wants to do.

It's possible we could find a great house in Knoxhell but hubby could get a job in Nashville or CA or Maine or Alaska or who knows where. Unlikely I realize, but all the same, I don't want to do anything until we've sorted out our future prospective job options.

Come January, just a little over 3 months away, I'll be a bonafide paralegal, but where to work? Where will we be residing then? I don't want to move until I've completed the course, so until Jan. not much will be happening and I fear that until that time Erik won't be earnestly looking for work elsewhere. As frustrated as he is with his current job, he's not yet at his breaking point. His tolerance is VERY, VERY high. So, until he's had it with the so-called "Great Man" my life remains on hold. I want to stay at the current job as long as possible (looks better on the ol' resume) than find something only to quit in a few weeks/months to move wherever the better-half finds gainful employment. Oh well, such is life, and I know January will be here before I know it!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

January is soo close that it scares me! So much to accomplish in such a short amount of time. I admire your patience. It will pay off, and soon enough you both will be in the house and jobs of your desire! I truly believe that you are destined to succeed at what ever you put your minds to!!

Burt Likko said...

Honey, my issues with the Great Man mount daily. But there's also the issue of having money flowing in to our household every two weeks, something which I kind of like to see happening. Remember how much fun it was when that wasn't happening at all? I do and I think that's just more fun than we can handle. So I swallow my issues and remind myself that for now, my job is just about the Benjamins.