Thursday, December 08, 2005

Lancaster here we come...?

Our broker called yesterday to say that the lender who promised to finance our mortgage is bailing out and using my employer as the reason. I have no idea if the company I work for just screwed me over, did me a big favor, or if the lender (OptionOne) is just messed up. So, the broker dude is working hard to find a new lender since we close on the house in 7 days!!!!

If we are unable to secure new financing before the 16th of Dec. and if Erik is unable to secure gainful employment soon we may move to Lancaster.

However, if we can make a go of things here in Knoxhell that would be great as I could then finish my degree in 2006 at UT and not have to wait a year (or more) in CA to apply for in-state tuition.

I don't even have the energy to be upset about this. I'm not sure it's even worth getting upset. Whatever happens will happen. We'll make the most of it or we won't. I'll just put off worrying till later cause I don't want to waste time thinking about the "what ifs."

Part of me would LOVE to move back to CA. Part of me wants to stay here. Since I'm undecided I figure no sense investing any time thinking about either until I know which I must consider. Of course, I write this after having done nothing but think about it! Now I'm all thought out.

1 comment:

Salsola said...

Virtualy all sellers will agree to extend the time to close escrow - often for a signifigant period of time. If the loan can be gotten at all, then you will probably be able to get an extension.