Friday, December 16, 2005

Ugh

We did NOT close on the house. Our original lender bailed on us, the 2nd lender claimed to be experiencing a computer glitch and as such could not provide the title company with the necessary documents for us to close.

The broker we've been using, who up until this week has been very friendly and helpful, was completely useless. When I asked the broker what the new loan terms were he didn't have a clue. I'm not willing to sign a 30-year mortgage (hell, I don't even know if it is a 30-year mortgage?!) without knowing the total amount, interest rate, what our monthly payments will be, etc.

This whole process has been a major misfire and I've had it. As far as I'm concerned GAME OVER.

I'm fed up with the incompetence in TN, it's intrusive and has invaded almost every area of my life:

  • Work - it's especially prevalent at work. In fact due to my wonderful employer that's how this whole darn mess with the house began!
  • Driving - most people in TN struggle to stay in their own lane, and don't even ask them to make a right hand turn without coming to a full and complete stop. They just are not capable of such a thing, they may spill their beer - gasp!
  • Banking - if you plan on opening up a bank account in TN and use a cashier's check to fund the new account, be prepared to have a hold put on the cashier's check for at least 5 days. That's right, they don't trust it - even if it's from another institution from just down the freakin' street.

I don't have the energy to list all the various examples. I'm just too disgusted about the whole dang thing.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I'm sorry. You should never have to go through that type of stress.