Saturday, December 03, 2005

University of Tennessee


On July 3, 2005 I applied to UT as a transfer student. I forgot I applied, then the week before the deadline (late October) I called to follow-up since I never received anything as noted in the application instructions.

During the follow-up phone call I learned that UT needed my high school transcripts?! (Huh? Id' been out of high school over 14 years?! And, I don't recall the application instructions saying anything about high school transcripts for transfer students.) I contacted both the high schools I had attended and requested they forward my transcripts to UT.

I assumed that since I was down to the wire and with only a week's time to fulfill UT's requirements that I did not make the deadline and I would need to wait until the summer or fall session to re-apply. Fortunately I was wrong have been accepted for the Spring 2006 session.

Now I have to hope and pray that UT accepts most of my transfer credits. If they do I should only need to attend 1 full-time semester to graduate. However, as my buddy Pam is discovering, UT doesn't seem to approve of many courses/credits earned elsewhere.

I'm excited about finally finishing my B.S. but nervous about how it'll all work out. The timing is what it is... but with the new house, Erik losing his job, me finishing up the Paralegal Program and wanting to look for employment as a paralegal instead of continuing to be a phone-drone, and of course all the additional costs associated with each of these endeavors (as well as the holidays?!) I'm just a tad stressed.

At this point I don't see my being a full-time student as an option until the hubby has secured gainful employment that can support us. I don't mind going part-time to school and working part-time... I just hope I find the right balance to make the two happen. At least the move to the new house will put me closer to school and downtown.

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Yes!!!!! Everything will work out with regards to your transcripts! All of the classes that I petitioned were accepted. I am loving school now and I know you will also!!!

Burt Likko said...

I'm proud of you and I want the best for you. So it's either going to work out here or not, sweetie. If it works out, then we need to be ready for that success. So let's put the wheels in motion to get you in school. If things go bad, we'll make the appropriate adjustments, but it takes planning and foresign to make things go good. Let's make things go good!