Sunday, January 29, 2006

A Lesson in Specificity


I must learn to be more specific. The next time I ask the hubby to blow out the candles (IF there is a next time?!) I will specify to NOT use the 3M Dust Remover. This is COMPRESSED 1, l-difluoroethane, COMPRESSED. It comes out of the little can at speeds close to Mach 7. The various warnings on the can do not note: "keep away from husbands who think compressed 1, l-difluoroethane and a burning flame are meant for one another."

The warnings do however state:

CONTENTS UNDER PRESSURE (really?!). MAY CAUSE NOSE AND THROAT IRRITATION AND MAY AFFECT THE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM (too late) CAUSING DIZZINESS, HEADACHE OR NAUSEA. CONTACT WITH LIQUID CAN CAUSE FROSTBITE. INTENTIONAL MISUSE BY DELIBERATELY CONCENTRATING AND INHALING THE CONTENTS MAY BE HARMFUL OR FATAL.

Contains: 1, l-difluoroethane.

Precautions: Exposure to heat or prolonged exposure to sun may cause bursting. Do not spray into enclosed spaces, such as the inside of paper shredders, as vapors may collect and ignite. Use only with adequate ventilation. Avoid eye and prolonged skin contact. Avoid prolonged breathing of vapors, mist or spray.

KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN (and husbands).

Great for:
Silk Flowers
Automobiles
Woodworking
Audio/Video
Printers
Computer Mouse

Hmm... how odd that candles aren't listed. Perhaps 3M forgot to mention candles? Must remember to write to 3M and inquire.

I have learned my lesson. Now my ranting must end as I need to clean wax off the wall, the CD jewel cases, and the wooden CD holder. I can only imagine what product(s) the hubby would use if I were foolish enough to ask him to clean up the wax. I wonder if this could be deliberate behavior on part of my better half; do something stupid and the wife will never ask me to do another thing again as long as we both shall live.

4 comments:

Burt Likko said...

The Moron - Author Unknown

I wish I were a moron-
My God! Perhaps I am!

Salsola said...

Bug spray will emit a nice deep long flame, While WD-40 will emit a short but wide and hot flame.

I had never thought about trying to use compressed air as a flamethrower.

Burt Likko said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Burt Likko said...

Thanks for lining up in my corner, dudes.