Thursday, January 12, 2006

Random complaints

I'm distraught. I have no idea of what the hell is going on. Are we staying in TN in our lovely new home or will we be packing up all our crap (hey, didn't we just do that last weekend?) and moving back to CA or will we just sell all our belongings on e-bay, start a cult in Mexico and steal rich, impressionable college students' parents' money until we have enough to move to Fiji?

I'm stuck in a lackluster job whereby common phrases include, "Wanna supersize that handle? Need screws with that?" And at the watercooler we all comment on "Bubbles" the newest Rhesus Monkey to answer phones, enter orders, and toss his own $@#!% around like he owns the place. He's quite disturbing, but in such a cute way that we've all forgiven him and instead beg him to not throw his feces in our general direction. He's rather obliging which I'm thankful for. Yeah Bubbles. Wait, there's no Bubbles at work... damn, too little sleep and too much stress makes for a bad combo.

School sucks. Normally I like learning and all the crap that goes along with it, but right now I just want to the class to end. I think it's over as of tonight. How would I know, the instructor still hasn't contacted me to let me know if I passed Tuesday's night exam or if I need to retake it on the 17th.

Tonight's exam for Torts was tedious and poorly written. That particular instructor was almost worthless. She started off with such a bang, we were so excited, then the last two classes she found the time to teach she flew through and we were out of our 3 hour long class in less than an hour. Of the 8 classes she was paid to teach she made it to 4, well, 2 if consider that the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th classes TOGETHER barely lasted 3 hours total. That's just not right.

The books suck also. Typos, errors, lame examples, etc. What the hell did I pay all that moola for? Especially if I can't put the stupid UT Certificate to use in TN. If you're not a local, don't have a "Daddy" and didn't go to UT you may as well just hitch-hike it to anywhere but East TN cause they sure don't want "ya'll" here. Yes, yes, I'm told the UT Paralegal Certificate is good anywhere in the US, but really, really good here. Hopefully CA will accept it. Assuming that's where we end up, which it's looking more and more likely each day.

Drivers in TN struggle. Last night on my way home from work a woman was in the right hand lane of Broadway. Her car was askew, as if she had at one point intended to merge into the left hand lane, then thought better of it, and instead decided to just stop right there. Her car did not appear to have any damage. In fact, she seemed to be balancing her check book. Granted traffic was bumper-to-bumper on Broadway so sitting around waiting for it to abate isn't the worst idea, but.... anyway, all the cars in the right hand lane were passing her as she sat idly by subtracting her $129.76 bouffant hair appointment from her checking account. Lady, get a freakin' move on or pull off to the shoulder. What, do you have Bubbles @#!% for brains? Of course she does, why do I ask?

While I may be down on school I am bummed that UT isn't an option at this time, nor any time in the near future. That bites... my future just looks stinkin' bleak. Sure I'm in a pissy mood and not truly considering that I'm just plain wrong, that the future can be bright - whatever. It sure doesn't seem like it at the moment. So, if you have a problem with it, #%^&*! off. I don't care. I just want to wallow in my red wine and drool, while Karma eats the cat shit from the litter box. Darn dog, if I've told her once I've told her a gazillon times, "Save some for Sassy!" O.k., so I don't really say that, though I should cause it's true. Darn dogs just aren't happy unless they're dining on Ginger's & Jordan's waste. Yum, talk about appetizing. Sick little puppies.

Oh goody, white-trash neighbor with tinted windows on his VERY loud car just got home. Could his car be any louder?

Screw it, I'm stick of trying to make my fumbling fingers type any more crap. If you're still reading this clearly your life sucks as bad as mine. I pity you dude, I truly do. Go find something productive to do - like hey, maybe you could make up a story about a jobless monkey with BIG hair named Bubbles that eats cat shit, writes poorly, doesn't show up to class, and drives as if all the world was one big bumper-car course.

5 comments:

Burt Likko said...

No need to be so depressed, babe; you're full of good ideas. I hear Fiji is really nice.

Pamela said...

I am so sorry that things haven't been working out as planned. This is one of those times in life that you get to figure out a little more about who you are, and what you are willing to put up with! Just remember that in a week things will be totally different. It will be better soon, just hang on to a little bit of hope. Buy yourself some flowers and enjoy them, or do something small to make yourself smile. Remember that Andrew and I are here for you two if you need some time away! I Love you.

Anonymous said...

Of all the worries you've listed, I think you can cross off the one about the locale from where you got your paralegal certificate. I have never heard of anyone caring about that. The skills you're learning -- familiarity with basic pleadings and other legal documents, word processing, and basic legal theory -- are probably rarer than you think, very desirable, and should be transferable anywhere in the country. In my experience, firms don't particularly care if you *have* a paralegal certificate -- just what skills you have and what tasks you can do.

As for the quality of the teaching, well, the fact that you are even able to be so picky shows that you're way, waaay ahead of the game. I'd place you in the top 20 percent of the talent pool based upon your writing alone.

Anonymous said...

P.S. You fret like a lawyer.

Becky said...

Thank you. I'm feeling much better now, less bitter and less angry. Heck, I may even buy the hubby another bottle of vino to express my new found hope for our future.