Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Bliss

The hubby has finally come around. After the house ordeal, lack of gainful employment (hell any employment!) and other miseries and mishaps he has finally decided that we'll return to CA. I've been ready to go back for quite some time now. I knew I wouldn't be able to convince him, that he'd have to come to this conclusion all on his own. I'm just happy he finally has.

I realize moving back to CA will entail a number of obstacles and challenges. I know it won't be a cake walk. I understand the expenses involved in making this all happen. But, all the same, I can't wait.

I'll certainly miss all the great people we've met and created relationships with. I'll miss the gorgeous landscapes (lush, green mountains, rivers and lakes, etc.), but CA has many interesting landscapes to entertain us with and many of our friends are there.

I'm looking forward to being able to admit that I do not belong to any organized religion and not fearing that such an admittance will bar me from employment, that being my true self will alter in someone's mind that my abilities and skills are lacking simply because on Sunday mornings I do not attend church. I'm looking forward to being able to be honest without fear that the truth will not set me free, but rather exclude me from the "club." Granted, I have no desire to be in the "club" but being treated as a second class citizen sucks.

I miss the diversity that CA offers. I miss hearing and seeing different languages proudly displayed. I miss being a part of a community. I miss me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

D & I will definitely miss you both, but congrats on the move. I love the peacefulness that comes from feeling "at home" in your surroundings. Do you & hubby plan on maintaining your blogs?

Becky said...

We'll miss you guys too. We'll continue to blog so you'll know what challengs we'll be facing in CA, like warm, sunny weather; fresh seafood; authenic Mexican food; etc.