Sunday, May 07, 2006

Trying to learn Español


I've found a site that I'm using to help me get familiar with Espanol. It's a fun site and I enjoy 'seeing' the words. Hopefully this will help me prepare for when I actually learn Spanish in a classroom environment in Lancaster, CA.

Fortunately California has many Spanish speaking people. I'm hoping that I can find someone to practice with, cause God knows I need the help!

High school Spanish (which was a looooooong time ago!) just didn't stick with me. Then again my teacher was from the Philippines and enjoyed talking about his beautiful daughter's big brown eyes more than he enjoyed teaching Spanish. It was a high school in a small rural town in Wisconsin so I'm amazed they even had Spanish as an option.

I thought the above picture was cute, but I have NO idea what it says. If it's profane I apologize! The few words I could make out don't see to be rude.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I am the president of the future. The little (lady) bean is the vice president."

Who's the little bean?

Sounds like you already have a place to crash when you come out here, but if you get a chance, give us a call for dinner or something.

Becky said...

I got the picture from some girl's "MySpace" blog, so I have no idea who the little bean is.

As for dinner and or getting together I'd love to! I didn't want to impose, I know you guys are busy and just had company for a while, so I thought you'd like a break from guests. But I will call you when I'm out there. Thanks!

Burt Likko said...

Amo a mi esposa. ¡Ella es a menudo muy tonta!

Anonymous said...

Wife, you should know TL called you a "very dumb soup."

Burt Likko said...

For the record, Babelfish told me that "tonta" means "silly," not "dumb," and that "menudo" means "often." And I'd love her even if she were soup, although probably not in the same way.

Becky said...

Aw shucks, thanks sweetie.