Friday, February 15, 2008

3 Day Weekend

I've been very busy at work these last few weeks helping HR interview and hire for 3 new classes of 7 - 9 people per class. Fortunately in the AV there are many, many people looking for work! We had over 300 resumes for 23 positions. 16 of the 23 job openings are for a 2:00 pm to 10:30 pm shift. I was surprised to find so many people interested in working such hours. I suppose work is work. If those are the hours it's better than being unemployed. The other shift we hired for is 6:00 am to 2:30 pm. That's a very popular shift and more people are interested in those hours... but it also pays less than the mid-shift by over 75 cents an hour.

I'm just relieved that we've managed to fill all of the positions, and as a reward to myself, I'm taking Monday off!

2 comments:

Sheila Tone said...

Back when I was young and single, I would have loved those hours. Stay up late; mornings free.

Becky said...

Me too. In fact, it's mainly youngin's working that shift and some parents who need to split baby coverage with their spouses.