Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Let Them Eat Cake

This is my first ever fondant rose, calla lilly, and leaves. Needs a bit of work, but not too bad for a first timer.




This is the first cake I ever decorated. That's a butter cream frosting that I made to look like fondant. The hearts are little funky (clearly I need more practice), but hey, it tasted just fine.



Happy Chinese New Year! This is my Chinese inspired "Cherry Blossom" cake for a Chinese pot luck we attended. The cake was a typical yellow cake with ginger added to the batter, and a plum filling. The sides of the cake had the "Ox" symbol drawn on them (2009, year of the ox), which I didn't really capture well in this photo.




This I call my "Get Crazy With the Cheeze Whiz" Cake (or in this case frosting!). This is my most recent cake. I got a little out of control with the piping bag, but it was fun to make.



This completes my first Wilton Cake Decorating Course. I can't wait to take more classes!

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Oh my gosh Becky! You are doing so well with your cake decorating! Great job! I only wish that I could sample your beautiful creations! :)