Thursday, January 15, 2009

Low Fat Frosting

Once upon a time I would have slapped someone upside the head for suggesting such a thing. "Low fat frosting?! NEVER!" However, I'm no longer in my twenties enjoying a fabulous metabolism that just doesn't quit. Now, with a metabolism that seems to have flatlined, I'm thinking, "Hey, low fat frosting, sure, I'll try that. How bad can it be, it has cream cheese in it!" I'm planning on testing this out Monday night. If it's awful... well, um, that'll be the end of that. If it's good, woo hooo, more cake to bake!

My first cake turned out beautiful. I smoothed out the butter cream frosting until it was as smooth as fondant. In fact most people who know what that is, thought that is was fondant. Unfortunately, fondant typically tastes awful and I was told that for weddings and such when it's time to serve the cake the kitchen folks take the cake away, peel off the fondant and then just serve up the cake. What a waste! The frosting is my favorite part of the cake. Thus, the need for a frosting that won't add inches to my waistline.

No comments: