Friday, January 02, 2009

So little and yet sooooooooooooo loud!

How do they do it?

We're pet sitting for a friend. She has two itty-bitty daschunds, Pete (10 months) and Duke (3 years old). They're as cute as can be... but boy are they loud! They bark, they whine, they cry, they whine, they bark. I'm not used to all the barking, as our dogs rarely do that.

Pete really, really, really likes to play. However, no one is able to keep up with him! Not Duke, not Karma, not Sassy, not the hubby, not me... and definitely not the cats. Ginger's been hiding ever since the little buggers got here and Jordan made an effort to say "howdy" but was greeted with hearty barks and then a chase. Haven't seen much of her as she's been hanging out IN the box spring mattress. We've shut the cats in the guest room to keep them away from the little dudes.

Pete's a holly terror, he's been humping Karma as if it's his life's work. Karma just gives a low growl and has a look on face as if so say, "If there weren't people around I'd knock you into next week bub!" Sassy, being HUGE compared to the wiener dogs, just ignores them and goes about her business. Sometimes she'll chase the little fellers.

Pete is now attacking my slipper, as if my foot were inhabited by a badger. He's wrested my slipper off at least once and keeps going at it. It's kind of funny and it's the only thing keeping him quiet so the hubby can sleep. Little Duke is curled up next to me on the love seat and covered with a blanket. He gets cold very easily.

I enjoy the little guys, but I'm not sure I'm cut out to handle them full-time. They're just so full of energy. Our girls are pretty lazy, which works out great cause we're really lazy!

This has been a great opportunity and a lot of fun, but I'm actually looking forward to the boys return home. I'm pretty sure the cats are looking forward to it even more than me!

No comments: