Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Happier at work and even happier at home

Turns out a small attitude adjustment was not only in order, but possible.  I didn't like who I was at work. I was grumpy, complained about things I had no control over, and not very friendly or helpful to my co-workers.

A friend shared with me how much she enjoyed The Happiness Project so I figured I'd give it a shot.  It was just the thing to get me out of my funk.

I'm enjoying the book and all the wonderful stories and examples.  I'm applying many of the suggestions with great success.  I'm even singing to the hubby in the morning.  He claims to like my silly, made-up on the spot songs, which is good, because the songs are really bad.  Case in point, this is what he got this morning:

I love you, I love you

You're ok

I love you, I love you

Don't eat hay

I love you, I love you

That's your health tip of the daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

I love you!


I have no idea what I'll sing him tomorrow, but rest assured, it'll be cheesy.  At least this morning he smiled and laughed, and really, isn't that the way every morning should start?  

The work day went really well and I a lot of extra energy upon returning to my wonderful home.   I cleaned part of the garage, vacuumed the house, and made ten cards for Boss's Day.  Usually by the time I drag my butt through the door I don't have the energy to do much more than goof off on the internet.  And, as if all that weren't enough, the hubby mopped the kitchen floor!  Life is good.  

No comments: