Friday, December 19, 2008

It's Melting!

The worst snow in over 20 years shut the city down on Wednesday. By the next day, most of it had melted - at least in my neighborhood. We ventured out last night, and just several miles away the snow seemed there to stay. Glad I don't live in the slightly higher elevation.

I'm done with snow. Sure it's pretty, but it's even prettier when it's on a postcard depicting some place I am not!

The branches in the backyard were touching the ground they were so heavy. The long willow branches were still a bright green, swaying in the breeze amid the white backdrop. I'll admit, that did look spectacular - but all the same, I'm glad most of it has melted. Of course now there is a little lake where our backyard used to be.

While the yard was blanketed with snow and branches bowing to the ground, lots of cool little alcoves were created that our doggies liked playing in and around. They HATE rain, but snow? Sure, snow's O.K. They willingly would go out into the white stuff, but not out into the rain?! Go figure.

I'm just glad it's melting. And, if I never see snow again that would make for a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: