Monday, December 08, 2008

Saturday Night

Dinner with our friends was fabulous! My goodness, it was like going to Grandmas, the food just kept coming. Dish after dish was placed on the table. I was amazed at the variety offered as well as how wonderful each dish was. They're vegetarians so I figured, "oh pasta, I like pasta." Well, yes, there was pasta but also a berry appetizer, a couple different salads, a pizza type dish, out of this world potatoes, bread... there was so much I can't even remember it all. But wait, there's more! We took a little break to play a board game and then had dessert. And it happened again! Their gigantic dinning room table was covered with a bevy of spectacular desserts: lemon chiffon, apple pie, raspberry tarts, candy cane cookies, and probably some other options too, but even I, Ms.-I-love-dessert-more-than-life-itself, couldn't indulge in it all. I was defeated. It was a good defeat, one I'll cherish forever. It was a such an enjoyable evening I can't wait to do it again. The hubby and I were trying to figure out the proper waiting time before inviting them over again. We entertained them the week before, they invited us over this past weekend... next weekend would probably be too soon. And, now the holidays are quickly approaching. I fear we'll not get together until after the new year. Oh well, it'll be something worth looking forward to!

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Wow! It sounds scrumdiddlyumptious!