Sunday, December 07, 2008

Tree Hugging

I don't know what the hell we were thinking. I climbed to a crook in the willow tree and pulled off some small dead branches. The hubby fetched a hand saw and I cut through a large branch, diameter about 10" inches or more. While hugging the tree I sawed away. Didn't take as long as I would have thought, but long enough. I'll be feeling that tomorrow! What possessed me into thinking, "yeah, I have what it takes to trim a willow tree! Let me at it!" Oh right, I looked out the window and saw the hubby with a ladder. "Hmm, no good can come from this. What is he doing?" I investigated and discovered that he was going to trim the tree with a borrowed tool from neighbor Dan. Why Dan ever thought we could be trusted with such a thing is beyond me. Not wanting the husband to hurt himself I said I'd *help*.

"Shall I dash inside, grab the cell phone and call 9-1-1 now or wait until you're injured?" I asked. "Gee, thanks for your vote of confidence." Hey, what can I say, I'm an optimist. Now it's true, my hubby is very gifted and talented, intelligent, witty, a wonderful provider, a great husband and my best friend - but a tree trimmer he is not. Nor am I. Fortunately our little foray into the unknown was without injury and we both escaped unharmed.

Hopefully the next time we get a bright idea to do something so stupid we'll think better of it and instead call a professional.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

He he...I'm glad that no one was hurt. :)