Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Bad Christian

There's this person, who I'll just call "Vex," that really, really likes to talk about things that I have no interest in. Things such as, Vex's personal life, medical/health issues, other-half issues, blah blah blah.

Well this morning Vex really wanted to share Vex's medical issues with me. I, as usual, was not interested and had already heard all about it before I even got to my desk. (Vex has a way of telling people things whether they want to hear them or not.) Vex was relating physical ailment problems to a co-worker as I arrived and thus I was completely aware of the whole story and did not want to listen to it again. I was rude and basically walked away.

I felt like such a bad Christian, until I realized that I'm not a Christian. However, that does not excuse my behavior and I know that as a good human I should have stayed and feigned interest. However, that didn't appeal to me and pretending seems almost as bad as what I did do... oh well. Maybe tomorrow I'll have the strength to be truly interested? On second thought probably not. Who has that kind of time?

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Hey, I think that you are a great example to everyone around you! I think that we all have to keep in mind that we are human. We can't put too much pressure on ourselves!