Sunday, June 26, 2005

Communication

Interesting... my hubby can write a book essay, talk about his favorite fruits in detail, determine what kind of plane he is... but try to get the guy to communicate something as simple as, "Mom and Aunt Bert are coming over Sunday afternoon" is next to impossible! I realize it's difficult to get a hold of me considering we live in the same house, have the "board" in the kitchen to scribble notes on, our phones have an intercom system, we have cell phones (with text messaging), then of course there is e-mail, the blogs we each read and write, and we drive to and from work together everyday....


If nothing else, couldn't he tie a note to Karma's collar and have her deliver it? She's less likely to eat it than Sass, it's simply beneath Ginger to do such things, and Jordan's so easily distracted. Therefore I place all my hope in Karma, sweet little doggie that she is, to help us keep the lines of communication alive.


I don't know what else to do other than continue to play 2,393,859 questions each night, which gets tiring and really boring after about the 13th question. And let me tell you folks, being married to a lawyer makes communicating even more difficult because each question I ask MUST BE EXPLICIT! There can be no gray areas, no ambiguity as this creates "loopholes" which all attorneys live for. One loophole and I'm a goner. Getting an answer, much less the correct or honest one simply will not happen in my lifetime. Then I must ask another series of questions all directly related to the first set of interrogatories... It's #%$$^@ absurd, impractical, and unfeasible!

1 comment:

Burt Likko said...

I'm sorry I forgot and caused you stress, honey. Forgetting something is not the same thing as concealing it, though.