Saturday, April 29, 2006

Something To Do

When most people think of Antelope Valley, they think of Joshua trees, heat, tumbleweeds, and desolate landscape. However, within the last 20 years people have begun to think of Antelope Valley as something different - wine country. Well, it may not be "wine country" but a day of drinking wine in Lancaster, CA has got to be better than living in TN! We should hopefully be all settled in lovely Lancaster during my b-day so we can take a cab to Cameo Vineyards and get sloppy drunk should we so desire! Good times.
I've not been to Cameo so I don't know if their wine tastes like a pickling solution or if it'll be yummy stuff. One way to find out! Something of note... California Poppy Reserve, Lancaster, CA. I love poppies! Soon I'll be surrounded by them. They may be orange but I won't be thinking of UT when I see these beauties. I plan on creating new memories and wiping out all thoughts, nightmares, and frustrating experiences of life in TN (except for those involving friends!) with immersing myself into all things CA - good food, culture, diversity, differing view points, etc. I can't wait.

Count Down: 38 days

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the good thing about knowing pregnant people -- you've got a built-in designated driver.

Becky said...

Excellent! But don't worry, we'll return the favor once little Luke is born.