Monday, April 03, 2006

My Best Friend

Last night the hubby and I were working hard at our computers till we thankfully received a call alerting us to the fact that some nasty weather was coming our way. I shut down my computer and headed to the TV. Erik brought the laptop with him and checked out the weather online.

As we got settled in the wind picked up, rain slammed down, and hail pinged off everything it hit. It was very loud, but the critters could have cared less (which I'm grateful for!).

So, we sat in bed most of the evening watching the weather reports and playing Flip Words together. Then, it seems as quickly as the storms came, they left. But a few hours later it started all over again!

I'm glad the weather turned as it did because it brought me closer to my best friend. We had so much fun trying to come up with six-letter words and trying to guess the phrase before our turns ran out - that and watching "Sexy Quincy" as Erik likes to call it (Crossing Jordan) was entertaining, predictable, but entertaining all the same. A much better evening than doing just homework.

2 comments:

Burt Likko said...

Mmm. Me likey the Jill Hennessey.

Anonymous said...

"Sexy Quincy" is redundant, isn't it? Jack Klugman was so hot in that.